I've returned from a quick getaway to the Southern Highlands. I spent most of my time wandering around villages, having Devonshire Tea, knitting, and wandering around the grounds of various (no doubt haunted) properties. The haul included:
- six bottles of Rose wine
- a stack of vintage knitting patterns from various antique and op shops
- Roman Polanski's autobiography for $3.00
they turned out great - i love socks that rock!! I used US 1 needles and knit the pattern to the exact specifications.
next up on the knit list:
- more socks - this time some Jaywalkers in Choc Cherry Claudia's Handpaints.
- the vintage baby cape
- Lords and Ladies cardigan from Rowan 41. I have the yarn, Kidsilk Haze in dark grey. just need to swatch.
- beret of some description