Saturday, September 22, 2007

the livin' is easy

so it's that time of year again. the time when i start plotting madly about all the things i'm going to do and/or achieve in the summer. usually it's completely over the top and unrealistic, but i figure if i can do about 50% of the following it'll be a good summer:
  • take classes in Arabic and/or French. I LOVE learning languages, and want to utilise both of these in future trip to Morocco.
  • take a printmaking class. i have many grand schemes involving art deco woodblock and lino print action.
  • read all the books i've been threatening to read all year but have been too heavy to lug around with law textbooks
  • go somewhere hot and drink pina coladas (i'm thinking tahiti?)
  • knit a truckload of socks. this endeavour will no doubt be assisted by my planned participation in Southern Summer of Socks
  • learn to use my spinning wheel
  • sew myself some dresses
  • write my knitting book (subject top secret)
  • play badminton
  • master the art of falconry
  • release a Christmas album

2 comments:

-RM said...

Ignorant american question, and too lazy to really look it up...how cold does it get in Australia? Good luck on getting done with your list...with fall/winter approaching here, I'm thinking I should do the same thing and make a list of the stuff I need to do.

cseneque said...

Best of luck, particularly with the Christmas album. I could do with some really good Christmas music right about now.