Tuesday, June 26, 2007

monkey magic


I've returned from a quick getaway to the Southern Highlands. I spent most of my time wandering around villages, having Devonshire Tea, knitting, and wandering around the grounds of various (no doubt haunted) properties. The haul included:
  • six bottles of Rose wine
  • a stack of vintage knitting patterns from various antique and op shops
  • Roman Polanski's autobiography for $3.00
Big news - Monkey socks officially finished!!!



they turned out great - i love socks that rock!! I used US 1 needles and knit the pattern to the exact specifications.

next up on the knit list:

  • more socks - this time some Jaywalkers in Choc Cherry Claudia's Handpaints.
  • the vintage baby cape
  • Lords and Ladies cardigan from Rowan 41. I have the yarn, Kidsilk Haze in dark grey. just need to swatch.
  • beret of some description
Also in a fit of insanity, i have signed up for the Tour De France Knitalong. I don't like watching cycling at all, but I am obsessed with all things French, so am hoping the experience will balance itself out. I'll be knitting a scarf from Victorian Lace Today with some Handmaiden Sea Silk. It will be my first official full lace item. eep!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

The socks look terrific! Have fun knitting up all those great vintage patterns.

Unknown said...

Hi, Great colourway! Found your blog by the Tour de France-blog, just signed in. I'm from The Netherlands and we we're also did KIP day, see pic's on my blog. And on my needles: Monkey socks. Au revoir, et tricoter avec beaucoup de plaisir!