Saturday, October 09, 2010

it will all end in tears

Oh no, I am running behind on Blogtober after such a good start!! Tres busy though, packing to move, going to the gym and doing ludicrous things like "Body Combat" class, and eating all-you-can-eat Korean BBQ. But I have completed knitting coming up - got to get some photos though. And Part 2 of Edinburgh - The River of Leith Walkway.

But I'm about to go and try a new Polish restaurant in Newtown shortly - New in Town

So I will leave you with a music recommendation. If you took the Smiths, threw in some Shangri-Las and a dash of The Cure, you end up with The Drums. Perfect summer listening (if only the weather would cooperate). I managed to see them at Splendour in the Grass in July:



This is their songwriting philosophy (taken from their bio)

"We only write about two feelings: one is the first day of summer when you and all of your friends are standing on the edge of a cliff watching the sun set and being overcome with all of your hopes and dreams at once. The other is when you're walking alone in the rain and realize you will be alone forever."

Seaside melodrama!!! Le sigh....


1 comment:

redambition said...

Let me know if New in Town is any good - I'm always on the lookout for Polish places :o)